Duelling protests between pro Hong Kong and pro-Chinese forces and immigration raids bring a bit of international politics to Vancouver. The Park Board evicts people camping in Oppenheimer Park, a new council takes over management of Granville Island, changes are coming to Broadway and Cambie and the province steps in to do what it thinks Surrey can’t.
Remember to support us on Patreon as your support will help us keep delivering the show in a consistent and timely manner as Ian takes a month or so off to be a dad.
- 5m38s Oppenheimer Park eviction
- 10m41s Hong Kong vs China government protests
- 13m25s CBSA raids Hastings Race Track and deports workers
- 17m47s New Council appointed to oversee Granville Island
- 21m43s Broadway work starts
- 22m57s Biercraft building sold
- 27m47s Negative use of rental only zoning
- 28m42s Province Green lights and takes over Surrey PD transition
- 32m25s Burnaby guy pushes for electoral change (note: there’s not actual petition online yet)
- 34m58s Vancouveratta: bottle-dash stucco